First, I finished up the Prairie Schooler bookmark that I had been stitching on for my mom for Mother's Day. I really enjoyed stitching it, and I think it's the first PS design I've ever stitched in its entirety. I finished it in a similar manner to the finishing on my sheep blankets, with the fringed ends and felt on the back. My mom loved it, and was really excited when I gave it to her, although she says it's too pretty to use.
Red Thread: Smell the Flowers
I also finally got my Lancaster Red thread for my April block for the Red Thread series. It just took a little while to come in. I stitched up those two ladybugs in no time, and now it is finished. Ta da!!
I worked a little more on the border too, which is coming right along. I did, however, discover that the embellishments that I was sent for the border is short one. I really hope I don't discover anything else with the stuff I was sent that is wrong or incomplete. I guess I am going to have to email them to see if it's possible to get one more star button.
I feel pretty good about getting these two things completed. I'm focusing on Carol's Neighborhood RR right now, and hope to get it out by the end of the week. I'm having such fun stitching on it though. I didn't get a chance to stitch on Barnabee this Sunday, but hopefully by next Sunday he will be back. I picked up the Kreinik I need for the gazing ball in the next band, so I'm all set to go now.
Well, that's all the news that's fit to print today. I took my first test at school today, and only missed 1. I hope that you are all doing well, and having a great beginning to your week!
I am grateful for Romeo's stitches coming out!