2000 years ago I started this project, um, I mean back in December of 2005. It just seems like 2000 years ago. Shepherd's Bush designed a series of eight ornaments that were released in the annual JCS Ornament issues. Knowing that they were going to be doing eight, I ordered eight ornament cuts of the recommended fabric, 32ct Dark Espresso by R&R (back in the days when a lot of shops offered ornament cuts of fabric). Of course, each ornament also featured a sterling silver charm from Shepherd's Bush, so each year I made sure to order the new one.
Of course, stitching this was a two year long project, since I started them after the first few had been released. The last ornament was released in 2007, I believe. Shepherd's Bush has since released all eight of these designs in two leaflets (four ornaments in each).
In Spring of 2008, I decided I wanted to finish these into a wallhanging, so that the entire series could be showcased together. I've since seen my friend Ava's finish of these and her's are framed and so gorgeous - I almost regret not framing them. But, anyway, I think this post was the last time I posted (or worked on) this piece. Back at Christmas, I decided to pull this out and work on it a bit more, with the hopes of having it hanging for the season. No such luck, but this weekend I decided I really needed to get this done. And in less than two hours, it was finished.
You can see the top four ornaments in the photo above, and below and the last four.
I decided to teach myself how to make Prairie Points, and I am so thrilled with how they finish off the bottom of the piece. I may have even squealed when I saw how they looked.
And here's the whole thing.
I am so happy with how it turned out and it will be beautiful hanging during the holiday season this year! So, that's one more thing off of my to do list. I can now turn my sewing machine over to working on my Batiks BOM from 2007 that needs another six blocks.
As for stitching this week, there wasn't a lot of it. I had a migraine for three days, so only minimal progress was made on Valentine Rose. I've started filling in the mortar between the bricks though.
I'm taking a break from Valentine Rose in order to work on the pre-stitching for a Stacy Nash workshop I'll be taking in March. I managed a good little start on it yesterday, after finishing my wallhanging, and I'll be continuing to work on it this evening.
I am grateful for Eric proposing six years ago.