I've spent some time lately focusing on a couple of pieces that I'd really like to make some good progress on. I went to the stitch in my local EGA chapter held on Saturday and brought Isabella with me. She got a good amount of attention, and I can almost see a finish in my future. I truly love working on this piece and I'm so glad that I'm finally seeing some good progress on her. It's been almost a year since I started her, but then she sat for a good amount of time with not a single stitch added. I picked her back up in April and have worked pretty steadily on her since then. And on Saturday, she finally got her little pop of blue. It really changes the whole look of the piece, with those little blue berries. So, stay tuned for a finish on her soon!
And the other piece that I've been trying to get caught up on is ATS. The last time I shared a progress photo, it looked like this.
That's when I'd just reached the bottom of page 1. So, I've been not so steadily working along on the top of page 2. And I finally finally finished that peacock band the other night. (All that grass under their feet and at the bottom of the hill took a bit of time to fill in!!!)
Next I'll work on the strawberry vine that is at the top of the alphabet. I'm really excited to get to the alphabet and I think it will go relatively faster than all the individual motifs. But, I love that peacock band, with all the crowns and that colorful fruit basket. I had to include my new scissor fob from Annette because it matches those pretty yellow flowers. And thank goodness they are yellow! They were almost red, because I could not for the life of me read the stupid symbols. Lucky for me, I could take a peek at Margaret's progress and see what color they were supposed to be!
I am grateful for a fun stitch in topped off by a movie night with friends.