And the winner is… Annemarie! Congratulations, Annemarie!
If you didn’t win – don’t despair. I promised I would have another giveaway for my 250th post. So, leave a comment on this post and let me know you’d like to be entered into the drawing. The winner will win something special made by me, just for them. Can you believe I’ve written 250 posts? Crazy.
I haven’t done much stitching since we’ve been home. I did start on the last Shepherd’s Bush ornament for my wallhanging. Not really anything to show yet though. On Saturday, we went and bought a Christmas tree and on Sunday we decorated it. That actually helped give me a little peace from the pain of losing Hamlet. Eric also brought home some roses for me and a card. I’ve been snuggling my other two boys a lot the past few days – Romeo and Othello. They seem to be missing him too. I’ve posted some photos of my holiday decorating over here at my other blog.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial until last year – Eric has always had real trees, so real it is
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually about the 15th of December or so, now that it’s real
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the first weekend in January
5. Do you like egg nog? Love it. We’ve found one called Pennsylvania Dutch at the liquor store that is fully-loaded and really good. Must have nutmeg on the top too!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Wooden dollhouse and furniture made by my grandmother
7. Hardest person to buy for? Eric
8. Easiest person to buy for? Myself LOL!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I’d like one. I plan to stitch the Marbek Nativity in 2008
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, with a photo of us included inside
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmm, I can think of a few…
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Love Polar Express, oh and the Charlie Brown Christmas Special – you can’t beat that.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I try to start early in October or November
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes – see number 11
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Popcorn balls and peanut brittle. We used to make both when I was growing up
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? clear
17. Favorite Christmas song? We Three Kings, The First Noel, Christmas Time is Here
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Christmas Eve with Eric’s family, Christmas Day together at home, New Year’s Day with my family
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? yes
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I always seem to run out of time
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love stars and snowflakes, most of my ornaments are blown glass though – so of course, I love those too.
24. Favorite dish for Christmas dinner? Eric makes apple pancakes for Christmas morning, mmm.