This past weekend, I played another game of Stitching Roulette. Since I can’t seem to settle on anything, I’m apparently stitching on everything. As I may have mentioned previously, I’m currently stitching on my Secret Stitcher gift, which of course I can’t show you. It’s taken precendence over Mele K. for the time being. I had hoped to get Mele K. finished up in January, but well…I still have a week right? So, nothing new to show there.
So, on Friday night I debated what I wanted to work on. I had book club on Friday night, so I didn’t have all evening to stitch. I finally decided on a new start that has been calling my name. I’ve mentioned previously that I decided to cut a piece of fabric off of my failed Halloween RR and use that fabric (36ct. Meadow Rue – love love love it) and a Belle Soie conversion to stitch up BBD’s Where My Heart Blooms. You can see how pretty the silks are with my fabric in the photo above. So, I started this on Friday night. (I’ll explain why there is no photo of my start shortly).
On Saturday, I went with a friend to see The Lovely Bones at the theatre. It was good, I love Peter Jackson’s films, so I expected as much. And having read the book, I still enjoyed the movie. I’d recommend it. (Did I mention I also saw Nine the weekend before? Really good – loved it!). Anyway…Saturday night Eric and I went out and didn’t get home until the wee hours of the morning, so no stitching on Saturday (other than on the Secret Stitcher piece). So, finally on Sunday, I decided to get out ATS. I’d been kind of avoiding it since I knew I had a mistake that needed to be fixed.
I know it doesn’t really look different than the last time I showed it to you. I finished up those two orangey motifs on the right hand side. Then I went about the business of ripping out and restitching the right side crown and face that I’d stitched in the wrong place. So, I did that. Then I realized I’d miscounted while stitching the little arm on that guy. So, out that came. When I got to the part where I thought the mistake was, I realized it wasn’t a mistake. I’d counted correctly. Imagine the expletives that ocurred at this point. So, I put ATS away and decided to get out Where My Heart Blooms. I thought that would be fun and relaxing and I could get my roof finished. Here’s the thing…my skein of Sister Scarlet is not red like one would expect (it’s actually the far right-hand thread in that pic at the top of the post). It’s really more pink. It kind of goes from a brick red to a pinky mauve. And.I.Hate.It. And even knowing that I was hating it, I tried to continue with my Jenny Bean Zenlike State and go with it. I finished the roof last night and promptly starting ripping it out. I can’t have a pink freaking roof. No way. Not when it is also going to be the color of those little strawberry things in the border. I need RED. So, I’ve pulled out my skein of Tulip that I used for this piece. Hopefully I can get the color I want. Because pink is not doing it for me.
So, in the span of three days, I think I effectively stitched twenty stitches. Maybe I should’ve worked on Shores. I was afraid though, after the ATS debacle that I would have problems with Shores. Little did I know it would be the new start that I would be foiled by!
Anyway, I do have a book review to share with you about my latest read for book club, but I think it’ll have to wait for next time.
I am grateful for dates with Eric.