Thank you so much for tuning in to the Cozyegg flosstube/podcast! In this episode I share the beginning of #darkoctoberstitching and a special event announcement. Music: BenSound.
Sarah Ann Banton 1833 by Cozyegg Designs – AVAS Soie d’Alger on 40ct Weeks Putty – lots of issues, lots of ripping out, but hopefully back on track now.
Dark October Stitching Plans
Below are the projects I’m planning to work on during October. I’m planning basically a week on each with a new start Halloween weekend.
Black Cat Hollow by Barbara Ana Designs – DMC on 32ct PTP Murky
Moon Phases by The Little Stitcher – Weeks, GAST, DMC on 32ct Midnight Tryst by Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie – converted the skin and hair colors for the outer two ladies. I’m hoping to be able to finish this one this month. It’s been my #dark13stitching focus project since I finished Black’d Skie.
Halloween Neighborhood – various charts with a mix of threads on 35ct Brandy by CountryStitch.
I promised a list of each of the patterns I’ve used in my Neighborhood so far, so here you go…
- Tree and lamppost are from Trick or Treat by Praiseworthy Stitches from JCS Halloween 2012
- Three Witches are from A Bewitching Halloween by Rebecca Wood
- Blue/purple house with bats is Halloween Alley by Pickle Barrel Designs
- The witch flying with her broom up top is from When Skeletons Dance by The Drawn Thread (I may have taken liberties with her hair)
- Pumpkin patch and house with the black moon are from Pumpkin Patch by Prairie Schooler
- Witch and house are from When Witches Go Riding by Prairie Schooler
- The house with the pumpkins and black cat under the tree is from Trick or Treat by Prairie Schooler
- The gate with the ghosts, frogs, and skeleton are from Ghastly Ghostly Ghouls by Just Nan
- The witch hat roofed house is from Ghoulies & Ghosties by Brightneedle
- The teal blue house on the right is from from Very Scary (Mystery Sampler) by Lizzie Kate
- Bottom left tree with the witch collecting toadstools is By the Light of the Moon by Primitive Needle
- The green house and trick or treaters are from Halloween House by Drawn Thread
- The small cemetery is from Halloween Rules by Milady’s Needle
- The large tombstones are from Village of Hawk Run Hollow by Carriage House Samplings
The new chart to start is Hallow Wee House by Chessie & Me.
Dracula Book Cover by Dam Good Crafts – DMC on 40ct Red Gander linen
The Raven (Spirits of the Woods) by Primitive Hare – DMC and GAST on 30ct Boleyn linen from Primitive Hare (planned new start for Halloween weekend).
As I mentioned in my last video, we are hosting a new SAL for the Haunted House Sampler by Twin Peak Primitives starting on the 13th of October for #dark13stitching.
And the BIG news is that Emily and I will be hosting a small, intimate, virtual gathering on October 29th that we’re calling Dark October Séance. Sign ups will be limited and will open at 10:13am CDT on October 13th. I hope you’ll join us.
I treated myself to another Bloodmilk Jewels piece. It’s an illuminated XIII that is only offered on Friday the 13th in their shop. So, when I had the chance to get it, I jumped on it. It pairs well with my Night Creature. It seemed a perfect way to celebrate five years of Dark 13 Stitching and Dark October Stitching.
I finished reading Jane, Unlimited and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had no idea what this book was about and it was a bit mind-bending, but so so good. Highly recommend it.
I’ve started off my #darkoctoberreading plan by starting Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman. I’m also getting a chance to use my new bookmark from Forest Noir.
I hope you are enjoying a lovely start to your own Dark October Stitching and Dark October Reading and I hope that if you want to join us for Dark October Séance, you’re able to.