Thank you so much for tuning in to the Cozyegg flosstube/podcast! In this episode I share what I worked on for #samplerseptember and my plans for #darkoctoberstitching. Music by: https://www.bensound.com
Mabon by The Primitive Hare. Stitched with my own overdyed conversion on 40ct PTP Doubloon. Changed the grapes to an apple. Started for Dark 13 Stitching and finished a few days later.
Moon Sicke by The Primitive Needle. My own silk conversion on 40ct Duxbury by Fox & Rabbit. Stitching it monthly on the full moon.
Jane Ann 1871 by Cozyegg Designs (model stitch). Soie Surfine on 40ct Hogbristle by Fox & Rabbit
Plans for Dark October Stitching
Samhain by The Primitive Hare – this is the last of the sabbat series I have to stitch.
Tombstone Spots by The Primitive Needle – Weeks on 40ct Affogato by Fiber on a Whim
Black Cat Hollow by Barbara Ana – DMC on 32ct PTP Murky
Cecropia Moth by Whistlestop Stitcher – DMC on 40ct Zweigart Anthracite
The Raven (Spirits of the Woods) by Primitive Hare – DMC and GAST on 30ct Boleyn linen from Primitive Hare
Time is a Phoenix pendant from Bloodmilk Jewels
Finished Lover Arisen by J.R. Ward. The last of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series I have to read.
Currently reading Catherine House by Elisabeth Thomas. Recommended by S Elizabeth (ghoulnextdoor on Instagram).
Here are all the recommendations I received for videos/channels to watch:
- Christine McConnell – She is very calming. Not stitching, but redoing her older home and furniture and making spooky things. Her ideas are fabulous.
- The Last Homely House – She doesn’t cross stitch but I find her very cozy, interesting and lovely! (several people recommended this one)
- Fairyland Cottage
- The Bower Hare
- The Cottage Fairy
- The Dainty Diaries – She has quite the variety (sewing, gardening, home reno, travel) but she’s really lovely to watch. Very down to earth.
- The Fat Squirrel Speaks – who thinks and speaks deeply on many topics and also sews, quilts, and knits.
- Craft House Magic – knits, sews, quilts, and is lovely
- Stitching the High Notes – cross-stitcher, bag maker, and knitter but also really intentional in how she creates her videos and lives her life
- Well Loved Knits
- Emily Williams – flosstuber and quilter but she does a “flosstube and variety show” and her variety show is talking about other things in her life
- Jessie at Plot 37 – who isn’t a crafter but a gardener in London
- Shirl from Tranquil Stitches filmed her last two videos without narration. She used lovely, calming music with pictures of her stitching and the scenery from West Virginia
- Green Renaissance – life
- Fig and Me – doll making
- Hopalong Hollow – Very calm garden walks a bit of decor and lovely tea! Soft music and just lovely
- Cynthia Brew, Stitching in the Light. She loves books too. A fave!
- Little House on the Mountain is lovely. Peaceful and beautiful.
- Tiny House Giant Journey – cool tiny houses
- FiberTrek. Sarah in Scotland
- Tylluan Penry – She is a Welsh pagan witch who puts together short videos. I think you just might enjoy her subject matter & calmness.
- Jojo Camping – Korean camping channel. Cozy, relaxed, and fun. English subtitles are usually there after a day or two.
I hope you find something lovely to watch! If you have any other recommendations, please send them over!