Thank you so much for tuning in to the Cozyegg flosstube/podcast! In this episode I share my contribution to Quilts for Peace, a few little finishes, some birthday stash enhancement, and progress on my WIPs.
- Sewed the binding on a Quilts for Peace quilt (not my quilt, I only did the binding)
- Perching from the Blackbird Designs’ Mary Ann Blackburn booklet (Loose Feathers Spring 2012) – on 36ct Lakeside Linens Vintage Meadow Rue with the called for Classic Colorworks and GAST threads with one exception – I substituted the two leaves charted in GAST Toasted Barley with a brighter green DMC. Finished into a pincushion filled with crushed walnut shells as a coordinating piece to go with the Spring’s Song box (also in the same booklet) shared in this post.
- Honeysuckle Vine Stocking from the Blackbird Designs’ Glorious June booklet – on 40ct Picture This Plus Dill with the called for Classic Colorworks threads and the DMC substitute for Weeks Honeysuckle.
- WIP Minders – I shared mine made from Cotton + Steel August fabrics, but I also made two more out of Kaffe Fassett fabrics. I used this tutorial to make them but used sew on snaps instead of the KAM snaps. If I had to do it again, I would use the KAM.
- Six Wives of Henry VIII by Primitive Hare – stitching on 40ct Gander linen I coffee-dyed myself with the called for DMC. Begun and being stitched while we watch The Tudors on TV.
- Anniversaries of the Heart by Blackbird Designs – I’m currently on the July block called Swan Lake; stitched on 40ct Vintage Examplar by Lakeside Linens with the called for GAST and Crescent Colors threads
- Black’d Skie by Primitive Needle – 40ct Vintage Pear by Lakeside Linen and the called for Pure Palette baroque silks and SNC silks
- Butterfly Quilt pattern by Tula Pink
- Project Roll (similar) – made with Ghastlies fabric by Sylvia
- Rampant Cats Sampler by Barbara Ana Designs stitched on 40ct Lakeside Linens Cedar Plank by Sylvia
- Thread – DMC for Six Wives piece, SNC silks for Black’d Skie, Classic Colorworks for AOTH block 8, Weeks threads for Primitive Needle’s The Talking Board
- Finished Isla & the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
- Finished Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke
- Currently reading Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
I apologize for the emotional tangent I go off on in the video. I briefly considered re-recording, but there was a lot of good stuff I hated to lose. Thanks for hanging in there when I’m a hot mess.
Thanks so much for watching. You can subscribe to my YouTube channel and you can also sign up for my newsletter to get an email notification of new posts.
Find me on Ravelry: cozyegg
I’m also on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr as cozyegg.
I’m grateful for birthday stitching and Sims kids in hot dog costumes.