I may have mentioned that Hare Pyns had to have some minor ripping out and restitching done to her. That center flower needed the pale pink color in the center, as opposed to the red I’d mistakenly stitched there. The center flower is now finished and I’ve done the rest of the outlining on the flowers and leaves and begun the fill in on the leaves. Like I said, my goal is to get this front flap finished by the end of June. I’m thinking it’s not going to happen. But, I’ve been wrong before. I just find it amazing that I can’t find photos online of anyone else stitching this piece. I had hoped for some in progress photos to help me along. No such luck. The majority of the photos I find when I search for this piece are my own. And that doesn’t help me!
But since this piece is such a beat down to stitch (mainly because of the tension differences in the stitches which can’t really be helped, and I’m not sure what I can do about it), I find myself wanting to work on something at the opposite end of the spectrum. Something that doesn’t make my eyes cross.
So, I’ve been working on another old WIP (I know, they’re neverending). This is Sweet Treats by Country Cottage Needleworks. This piece was a series of chart packs with Crescent Colors thread and JABC buttons. I finally finished the border and have now moved on to the second chart pack, which is Cupcake. I am stitching this on 28ct Vintage Lentil.
It’s an easy break from Hare Pyns.
Oh I’m just dying to get my sewing machine out and start piecing some quilt tops! I can’t wait to get started! (OMGthoseowlsaresofreakingcuteIdie.)
So that’s what I’m up to. Tonight I’ll be back to working on Hare Pyns, in an attempt to get that front flap done. But maybe over the holiday weekend I can sneak in some sewing. And I’ll for sure be sharing my newly finished quilt soon too!
I am grateful for inspiration and a sense of accomplishment.