It’s actually raining here today, so no sunshine in sight. But, I recently picked my Shores of Hawk Run Hollow back up to stitch on and you can see the beginnings of the sun peeking in at the top corner of the block. After my test block (block 2) with two strands on 36ct, I’ve decided to go back to one. While I like the coverage of the two strands, my stitches aren’t laying the way I’d like them to. And since Jenny Bean has completely broken me and now I want to use one strand on everything…that’s the plan for today.
When I picked this back up, I started in on the fill in around my “L”. One of my friends at guild had mentioned filling these areas in with tent stitch over one (I believe she did this on her VOHRH too). So, I thought I’d give it a try and I love it. It really makes the “L” stand out. Thanks, Laurie!! I finished that fill in this weekend and then stitched my seagulls. The sun in the corner is all I lack for this block to be finito.
You can see where I left off on it in August. And as I mentioned, my block 2 test will be coming back out and started over with one strand. I am using the NPI silks on this. And I’m really happy this piece has come back out to play.
Other than Shores, I also worked a little bit on Camille. I stitched that vase of flowers on Friday night and started on the vine below.
No ATS this past weekend. I just got on a roll with Shores and really wasn’t in the mood to rip out my mistake on ATS. I hope to get back to it this coming weekend. Maybe I’ll finish Block 1 of Shores first though. Or maybe I’ll start something new, who knows?!
I’ve also taken a little break from Mele Kalikimaka to work on my Secret Stitcher gift. I won’t be able to show it to you until later in the year when we do our reveal of who’s who. I can already tell though…I think I’m gonna want to keep this piece I’m stitching. But, speaking of Mele K., you know how I talked previously about loving over one stitching but not in huge doses? And that that’s the reason Dorothy’s Garden and my CHS A&E aren’t done? I was at my LNS on Saturday and came across the designer’s model for Peace (this is by A Stitcher’s Hands, who also designed Dorothy’s Garden).
I think you can get an idea of how large this is from the photo (and why they have this hung at the way back of the shop rather than prominently displayed right out front is beyond me). The stitch count is 578 x 941. And THIS IS ALL OVER ONE. Trust me when I tell you, this is stunning. In fact, there are really no words. The model for Dorothy’s Garden was what sold me on that piece to begin with too. I’ve only seen a couple of people who’ve begun this one, for example here. Won’t that be gorgeous on the Sienna Night fabric? Oh I would kill for a big piece of Sienna Night. I’d probably finish Dorothy before I even think about the thirty pages of this chart. But, I just had to show you.
So, that’s it for me today. I am enjoying my stitching since having given myself permission to just go with the flow on it. No pressure! I also finally cut up my big piece of Meadow Rue this weekend – that was rather freeing too. I’ve got a little piece I’m stitching on, a bigger piece to use for Where My Heart Blooms now that my silks have come in, and I think I’ll be using another portion of it to stitch an A&E. I am so glad that my original Halloween RR is becoming new beautiful things!
Book club on Friday night. I’ve got about a chapter and a half to go on the book and I’ll give you a review once I’m done. Don’t get too excited, it’s not anything to rush back for.
I am grateful for exciting things on the horizon!