I saw over on Deb’s blog that she was participating in Vickie’s 10 Book Reading Challenge. Of course, me being me, I missed the sign up deadline. But, I thought I’d pull together my own little list, since October is closing in on us and my thoughts have started to turn to the end of the year. As you can see in my sidebar, I’ve now read 13 books for the year. I’d really like to hit 25 for the year, so I’m in need of 12 more. But, what to read for my 12?
Well, first and foremost, I need to finish what I’m currently reading. So…
1. Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon
2. Vampire Diaries: The Struggle by L.J. Smith
And of course, I’ve got another book club coming up in November. For that meeting, we’ll be discussing The Leopard. So…
3. The Leopard by Giuseppe di Lampedusa
But, what else?
My friend, Sherri, gifted me with a book for my birthday.
4. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
And Missy has been feeding my new addiction to the Black Dagger Brotherhood, so I’ll have to throw at least a couple of those in there…
5. Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward
6. Lover Revealed by J. R. Ward
7. Lover Unbound by J. R. Ward
What else? Oh, the book I bought for Eric just arrived last night…
8. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
And I believe I have a couple of new purchases sitting on my shelves as well.
9. The Host by Stephanie Meyer
10. Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris
And with the new movie coming out later this year, I’d really like to finish reading…
11. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
And for my last pick, I thought I’d choose something I don’t currently have on my shelves, but really want to read…
12. The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry
Of course, my list is subject to change at any time based on my whims, but for now, I like the sound of that. And there is nothing better than a good book in the fall and winter months. Something wonderful to curl up with…
Note: the photos here are from an art & antiques show that I was invited to several months ago at someone’s home. Don’t you love that fireplace?
I am grateful for some cooler fall-like weather.