So remember I said that we were supposed to have a check-in on our MAGIC projects at the guild meeting last night? Well, I picked up my piece over the weekend and made a surprising amount of progress. At least, I surprised myself.
Since last we left off on progress pics for this piece, I had finished up the roof and begun that flower basket. Over the weekend I finished up the flower basket and then started on the alphabet. I love how it’s looking.
There is really so much more to go on this piece, but I am glad I made a little progress on it. And just for bringing my piece in for the check-in, I got a pack of John James needles for my trouble. And apparently, if you look at this from far away it looks like Shrek or something. You may have to squint. Guess I’ll have to fill in the house so that the roof no longer appears to be legs. Oh, and just in case you’re wondering, since it’s been so long since I worked on this…it is Dorothy’s Garden by A Stitcher’s Hands. I am stitching it over one on 32ct. unknown linen with DMC and AVAS. I started this in 2004, which is why I decided to offer it up to be my MAGIC piece for the guild this year. I hope I finish it.
It is lovely though, I have to admit.
I am grateful for chocolate…because it’s been that kind of a day.