Thank you so much for tuning in to the Cozyegg flosstube/podcast! In this episode I share a recap of 2016, a new start, Christmas stitching, and my projects for the Year of WIPs challenge.
- Join Emily (eclecticpossessions) and I on Instagram for #dark13stitching where we stitch on something dark and creepy on the 13th of every month
- Join the Hawk Run Hollow SAL hosted by Abi Bellastitch and I – on Instagram you can use the #hrhvillagesal if you’re stitching on Village and/or use the tag #letsallmovetohawkrunhollow for any Hawk Run pieces. Abi set up a Facebook group called Let’s All Move to Hawk Run Hollow if you’d like to join!
Recap of 2016:
- 19 stitching finishes that included four Anniversaries of the Heart blocks, Hare Pyns, and the By the Light of the Moon block on my Halloween Neighborhood RR
- Pulling my Halloween Neighborhood RR out of cold storage and falling in love with it again
- Dark 13 stitching and Dark October stitching
- Hawk Run Hollow SAL
- Peace on Earth by Blackbird Designs – stitched with GAST and Weeks on 30ct Sheep’s Straw by R&R
- New start: Mermaid Fraktur by Plum Street Samplers – stitched with Weeks and Classic Colorworks on 36ct Earthen by PTP, stitching 1 over 2
Year of WIPs Challenge in Soulful Stitching FB group:
- Mermaid Treasure Box by Chatelaine Designs – silks and Petite Treasure Braid on 32ct White Zweigart – started 9/26/2005
- Mystery IX (Le Potager du Roi) by Chatelaine Designs – silks and Petite Treasure Braid on 32ct Lavender Mist Zweigart – started 1/1/2006
- Bay Sampler by The Workbasket – SNC on 28ct Sterling PTP – started 6/18/2006
- Mystery Sampler by Papillon Creations from The Gift of Stitching magazine – Vikki Clayton HDF on 32ct Sandcastle by Silkweaver – started 3/23/07
- Mermaids of the Deep Blue by Mirabilia – DMC on 32ct Ocean Waves by Stitches and Spice – started 1/1/2008
- Le Cuisine d’Ete by Echevette – DMC on 32ct Lemon Zest by Silkweaver – started 2/19/2008
- Le Marquoir de Justine by Anne Pelletier Pauleau – my own conversion to Gloriana, Soie Crystal, and AVAS on 40ct HDF light coffee antiqued with walnut spray – started 2/4/14
- Primitive Wizard of Oz by Midsummer Night Designs – DMC, Classic Colorworks, and Petite Treasure Braid on 40ct Tissage Gander – started 11/19/2004
- Colonial Garden by Plum Street Samplers – NPI on 40ct Black Forest by Lakeside – started 1/9/15
- Six Wives of Henry VIII by Primitive Hare – DMC on 40ct Gander linen coffee-dyed – started 7/25/16
- Village of Hawk Run Hollow by Carriage House Samplings – DMC on 36ct Lakeside Light Examplar – started 9/1/16 – one of twelve blocks done
- Anniversaries of the Heart by Blackbird Designs – Classic Colorworks and GAST on 40ct Vintage Examplar – started 6/13/10 – eight of fourteen blocks done
Planned New Year’s Day 2017 start: Williamsburg Remembered Sewing Case by Catherine Theron – silk on linen – workshop taken on 3/14/2009
Photos of what the finished piece will look like.
- Finished A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
- Met my GoodReads challenge of reading 25 books in 2016
Find me on Ravelry: cozyegg
I’m also on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr as cozyegg.
Grateful for rediscovering some old WIPs and falling in love with them again.