Thank you so much for tuning in to the Cozyegg flosstube/podcast! In this episode I share a recap of 2016, a new start, Christmas stitching, and my projects for the Year of WIPs challenge.
- Join Emily (eclecticpossessions) and I on Instagram for #dark13stitching where we stitch on something dark and creepy on the 13th of every month
- Join the Hawk Run Hollow SAL hosted by Abi Bellastitch and I – on Instagram you can use the #hrhvillagesal if you’re stitching on Village and/or use the tag #letsallmovetohawkrunhollow for any Hawk Run pieces. Abi set up a Facebook group called Let’s All Move to Hawk Run Hollow if you’d like to join!
Recap of 2016:
- 19 stitching finishes that included four Anniversaries of the Heart blocks, Hare Pyns, and the By the Light of the Moon block on my Halloween Neighborhood RR
- Pulling my Halloween Neighborhood RR out of cold storage and falling in love with it again
- Dark 13 stitching and Dark October stitching
- Hawk Run Hollow SAL
- Peace on Earth by Blackbird Designs – stitched with GAST and Weeks on 30ct Sheep’s Straw by R&R
- New start: Mermaid Fraktur by Plum Street Samplers – stitched with Weeks and Classic Colorworks on 36ct Earthen by PTP, stitching 1 over 2
Year of WIPs Challenge in Soulful Stitching FB group:
- Mermaid Treasure Box by Chatelaine Designs – silks and Petite Treasure Braid on 32ct White Zweigart – started 9/26/2005
- Mystery IX (Le Potager du Roi) by Chatelaine Designs – silks and Petite Treasure Braid on 32ct Lavender Mist Zweigart – started 1/1/2006
- Bay Sampler by The Workbasket – SNC on 28ct Sterling PTP – started 6/18/2006
- Mystery Sampler by Papillon Creations from The Gift of Stitching magazine – Vikki Clayton HDF on 32ct Sandcastle by Silkweaver – started 3/23/07
- Mermaids of the Deep Blue by Mirabilia – DMC on 32ct Ocean Waves by Stitches and Spice – started 1/1/2008
- Le Cuisine d’Ete by Echevette – DMC on 32ct Lemon Zest by Silkweaver – started 2/19/2008
- Le Marquoir de Justine by Anne Pelletier Pauleau – my own conversion to Gloriana, Soie Crystal, and AVAS on 40ct HDF light coffee antiqued with walnut spray – started 2/4/14
- Primitive Wizard of Oz by Midsummer Night Designs – DMC, Classic Colorworks, and Petite Treasure Braid on 40ct Tissage Gander – started 11/19/2004
- Colonial Garden by Plum Street Samplers – NPI on 40ct Black Forest by Lakeside – started 1/9/15
- Six Wives of Henry VIII by Primitive Hare – DMC on 40ct Gander linen coffee-dyed – started 7/25/16
- Village of Hawk Run Hollow by Carriage House Samplings – DMC on 36ct Lakeside Light Examplar – started 9/1/16 – one of twelve blocks done
- Anniversaries of the Heart by Blackbird Designs – Classic Colorworks and GAST on 40ct Vintage Examplar – started 6/13/10 – eight of fourteen blocks done
Planned New Year’s Day 2017 start: Williamsburg Remembered Sewing Case by Catherine Theron – silk on linen – workshop taken on 3/14/2009
Photos of what the finished piece will look like.
- Finished A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
- Met my GoodReads challenge of reading 25 books in 2016
Thanks so much for watching. You can subscribe to my YouTube channel and you can also sign up for my newsletter to get an email notification of new posts.
Find me on Ravelry: cozyegg
I’m also on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr as cozyegg.
Grateful for rediscovering some old WIPs and falling in love with them again.