Each year my guild has an annual Christmas ornament designed by one of the members of the guild. Way back in 2008, when I first joined the guild, this piece was taught over a couple of meetings. I got as far as stitching the borders for the front and back of the piece. And then it languished (as a lot of things do in my stitching basket). I think I may have been intimidated by the wool appliqué. At the beginning of this year, I decided that I really wanted to get some ornaments finished so that I would have more lovely things to hang on my tree of handmade ornaments. I decided to pick this one up first since it was already started.
On Friday of last week, I pulled it back out, read my instructions and carefully appliquéd and embroidered the holly leaves and berries. Not so difficult after all. And that Weeks wool is just gorgeous. I think I need to use it again!! This was designed by the very talented Laurie, who also made those BBD ornaments I showed you recently.
On Saturday, I begain assembling the ornament into a biscornu. I also needed to make my own cording for it. I am really a beginner when it comes to making cording, but with Eric’s help I got it done. Unfortunately, I had to take the biscornu apart once and restitch it because I’d gotten off on my counting somehow and my points weren’t centered. But, the second time worked perfectly.
Holly Wool Appliqué Biscornu
Tudor Rose Sampler Guild Annual Ornament 2008
Designed and taught by Laurie
DMC and Weeks with Weeks Wool
Begun September 2, 2008 Finished January 29, 2011
This is the tiniest little thing and is so so cute (it’s probably about the size of a silver dollar). I am so glad I finally decided to pick it back up and finish it.
That makes finish #2 from the WIP basket! I’m on a roll!
I am grateful for the talent of the guild members and trimming my tree one piece at a time!